Road Legal Aircraft
Is this the answer to traffic jams? Checkout the SkyRunner – made in England.
PERFORMANCE ECOBOOST DIRECT INJECTION TURBO ENGINE
SkyRunner’s advanced 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine uses innovative technologies to deliver petrol engine response and refinement with the better fuel economy and torque performance associated with diesel engines. The compact and powerful new EcoBoost engine boasts 125PS, delivering class-leading petrol engine CO2 emissions of 114g/km and 5.0l/100km (56.5 mpg) fuel economy.
With minimum weight, dynamic handling and peak performance, the SkyRunner is the ideal candidate for demanding terrain and sand dune adventures. The SkyRunner engine’s 125PS (92kW) power and 200Nm torque output rivals that of a traditional 1.6-litre petrol engine and has the highest power density of any similar production engine. Thanks to the lightweight chassis the SkyRunner accelerates to 62mph in just 4.3 seconds and has a top speed of 115mph.
The SkyRunner uses the latest reflex paraglider wing technology. Renowned for their extreme pitch and roll stability, the SkyRunner wing inspires confidence while retaining dynamic and responsive control. Once in the air the wing simply absorbs turbulence and provides a safe and comfortable flight. During launching, the SkyRunner’s EcoBoost engine gets you quickly off the ground with minimum effort and thanks to its innovative flywheel and pulley design counters engine vibration to deliver refinement without affecting performance, economy or emissions.
In the unlikely event of engine or wing failure the SkyRunner simply floats softly to the ground on its paraglider, or a ballistic reserve chute can be deployed.
SPECIFICATIONS TECHNICAL DETAILS
- Weight: 420kg (926lbs) excluding driver
- Chassis: Thin-wall, high-strength space frame
- Bodywork: Glass/carbon fibre composite
- Propeller: Helix 1.65m 3-blade carbon fibre
- Suspension: Independent double-wishbone
- Wheels: 18 x 8 3-piece, bespoke centres
- Gearshift: Pneumatic paddle-shift
- Fuel Capacity: 35 litres
- Type: 1.0ltr EcoBoost Direct Injection Turbo
- Displacement: 999cc
- Valvetrain: 4-valve, DOHC, Ti-VCT
- Bore x Stroke: 71.9mm x 82mm / Compression :10.0:1
- Power: 125PS (92kW) @ 6000rpm
- Torque: 200Nm (147.5lbs/ft) @ 1400-4500rpm
- Transmission: Bespoke 4-speed with power takeoff
- Max. Road Speed: 185kph (115mph)
- 0-100kph (0-62mph): 4.3 secs
- Max. Air Speed: 88.5kph (55mph)
- Takeoff Speed: 59.5kph (37mph)
- Cruise Speed: 56.3kph (35mph)
- Max. Altitude: 15,000ft (Restricted Altitude: 10,000ft)
- Range: 321.8km (200miles)