by SCRM Garage
It has come to our attention that many of our users have trouble viewing the YouTube videos posted on our website. We do try to post the important videos on our server however sometimes it is just not worth it, especially if it’s a highly popular video with no advertisements.
If you are in a country in which YouTube is banned (China, Turkey, Korea etc.) – You should try modifying your DNS servers. To do this you must first locate your Network adapters IPV4 DNS Settings, as this can change based on what kind of network you have we will only post up one scenario here.
First off, let’s start by finding the correct DNS server for you, start by downloading this file. Once you have run the EXE file click NAMESERVERS. And you should come to the page below.
Once it has completed the benchmark test, you will be notified (by sound). Now you should always ignore the (192.x.x.x) setups (On my image – the first one). After it has searched, the top two (using similar addresses) are the numbers we need to remember (In my case 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124).
The next step is to implement this number, so now we can go ahead and click exit.
- Open up your “NETWORK & SHARING CENTER” – Head over to “Change Adapter settings”.
- The next page will display all the installed Network Adapters, the one that is active is usually Wireless (if you’re on a laptop) otherwise others will have a LAN connection. Once you’ve figured out which one you’re using (keep in mind, if you see a “red X”, it’s not that one. Right-Click it and go to Properties (see image below).
- After you’ve done this, Select “Use the following DNS server addresses:” and enter the 2 DNS addresses we got from “DNSBench.exe”. Then just click “OK” and you should be good to go.
- Be sure to flush your DNS if you haven’t noticed a change (do this by going to “RUN” type “CMD” press enter, and type “ipconfig /flushdns”.
- To Reset, simply go back to step 3 and check “Obtain DNS addresses automatically”.